List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:zuhans@iname.com Date:December 18 2003 9:46am
Subject:please give me help in important decision!
View as plain text
hello,

i'm working on a java-jsp-page with mysql-connection. now i've created a
test-system with myisam-tables where the tables are just read. my plans
for next weeks are, to make the owner of the site capable of
entering/changing his data by his own - web-based and multi-user-capable.

as this is - for me - a big jump, i want to ensure myself that i go best
ways right from the beginning. therefore i hope to get some useful hints
from you.

my questions are especially:

* should i use innodb-tables for the "entering-system" (because of
transaction-safty-reasons...)?
* if yes: how can i change them for the "real-system" (the homepage),
that uses packed myisam-tables (because there is no writing, only
reading from db!).
* what are the best ways to get the data from "entering-system" to
"real-system"? do i have to shut-down the mysql-server each time the
data is "updated"?
* what else must i think of?

thank you very much for your hints!
greetings
hans horwath

Thread
please give me help in important decision!zuhans@iname.com18 Dec
  • Re: please give me help in important decision!Martijn Tonies18 Dec
  • Re: please give me help in important decision!Martijn Tonies18 Dec