List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Markus Fischer Date:December 18 2003 8:24am
Subject:Re: Performance problems using 1GB Linux server and trying to avoid swapping
View as plain text
    Hi,

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 10:23:05PM +1100, Chris Nolan wrote :
> How heavy is your usage of TEMPORARY TABLES? I don't use them much
> myself, but I'm sure that the others on the list will have something
> to say in that regard.

    Here are the relevant numbers:

  Created_tmp_disk_tables        | 21911
  Created_tmp_tables             | 329778

    This is from an uptime of about 40 hours which makes the
    Created_tmp_disk_tables around 6% during this time.

> To get a better look at MySQL's usage of memory, you could try looking
> at the output of
> SHOW STATUS .

    I don't want to look silly, but actually having the show status
    output in front of me doesn't tell me much about the memory usage;
    at least I can't find it ;)

    There are things like Qcache_lowmem_prunes & Qcache_free_memory but
    this are the only ones related to memory. Can you advise me where to
    look at exactly?

    - Markus

    Ps: I'm using version 4.0.14
Thread
Performance problems using 1GB Linux server and trying to avoid swappingMarkus Fischer16 Dec
  • Re: Performance problems using 1GB Linux server and trying to avoidswappingChris Nolan16 Dec
    • Re: Performance problems using 1GB Linux server and trying to avoid swappingMarkus Fischer18 Dec
  • Re: Performance problems using 1GB Linux server and trying to avoid swappingDan Nelson16 Dec
    • Re: Performance problems using 1GB Linux server and trying to avoid swappingMarkus Fischer18 Dec
      • Re: Performance problems using 1GB Linux server and trying to avoid swappingDan Nelson18 Dec
        • Re: Performance problems using 1GB Linux server and trying to avoid swappingMarkus Fischer18 Dec