List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yves Goergen Date:December 17 2003 7:12pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 4.0.17 has been released
View as plain text
On Wednesday, December 17, 2003 1:58 PM CET, Lenz Grimmer wrote:
> Functionality added or changed:
>
>    * `lower_case_table_names' is now forced to 1 if the database
>      directory is located on a case-insensitive file system. (Bug
> #1812)

Uh, _very_ bad. I know that my Windows filesystem is case-insensitive and
that I cannot create tables only differing by case of the name, but I need
to have this setting off to be able to dump my tables on Windows with the
correct (and not lower-cased!!) table names to import them on my webhoster's
Linux server. If the setting was enabled, I'd get all wrong table names and
my application couldn't find its tables anymore (as 'bb1_GroupMembers' gets
to 'bb1_groupmembers' and that's something else!).

So please change this back again, I believe it's up to the server
administrator to set this in a correct and reasonable way, don't you?

--
Yves Goergen
nospam.list@stripped

Thread
mysqltopThomas Wana13 Mar
  • Re: mysqltopJim Faucette13 Mar
  • Re: MySQL 4.0.17 has been releasedYves Goergen17 Dec
  • Re: MySQL 4.0.17 has been releasedReverend Deuce17 Dec
    • Re: MySQL 4.0.17 has been releasedSergei Golubchik18 Dec
  • Re: MySQL 4.0.17 has been releasedMatt W17 Dec
  • Re: MySQL 4.0.17 has been releasedYves Goergen18 Dec
Re: MySQL 4.0.17 has been releasedHeikki Tuuri17 Dec