List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 17 2003 7:03pm
Subject:Re: Increase space for /var/db
View as plain text
At 9:03 -0800 12/17/03, Naveen Babu wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have a 4.5 FreeBSD server with mysql database. only 250MB
>was allocated to /var/db. Our database is increasing so fast that now
>i need to expand the memory for /var/db. I guess one way to do is to
>install a new hard drive and then mount it to /var/db. But i would
>like to know if there is any other way to solve that problem. Is
>making a soft link a good idea. Is there any better solution for it.
>i have 70GB in /usr/ so i would like to map /var/db/ to some
>location in /usr. Please let me know if
>anyone has any suggestions.

Sure, that'll work.

Make sure you shut down your MySQL server first.  Then copy /var/db to
/usr somewhere.  Remove /var/db and replace it with a symlink to your
new location.

You might also want to make a backup first, too. :-)

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Are you MySQL certified?  http://www.mysql.com/certification/

Thread
Increase space for /var/dbNaveen Babu17 Dec
  • Re: Increase space for /var/dbPaul DuBois17 Dec