List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matthew Stanfield Date:December 16 2003 1:33pm
Subject:Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?
View as plain text
Chris Nolan wrote:
> Regarding mysqldump, it handles binary data through escaping the
> required characters. pg_dump is similar if memory serves me correctly.

Thanks Chris.

So dumping binary data / large objects using myslqdump is fine. I looked up
if this is ok with pg_dump as well and it is but you must use a non-text
output option Eg. a tar file.

Regards,

..matthew

Thread
MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Jerry Apfelbaum14 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Sven Köhler15 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan15 Dec
      • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Sven Köhler15 Dec
        • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan15 Dec
          • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Tobias Asplund15 Dec
            • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan15 Dec
      • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Jeremy Zawodny16 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?David Garamond16 Dec
      • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Jeremy Zawodny16 Dec
        • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan16 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Martijn Tonies15 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Sven Köhler15 Dec
      • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan15 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Martijn Tonies15 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Juergen Sauer15 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Martijn Tonies15 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan15 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Martijn Tonies15 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Matthew Stanfield15 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Curtis Maurand15 Dec
      • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan16 Dec
        • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Matthew Stanfield16 Dec
          • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan16 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan16 Dec
      • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Matthew Stanfield16 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Vinod Kumar Singh16 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Martijn Tonies16 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Dr. Frank Ullrich16 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan16 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?David Griffiths16 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan16 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?David Griffiths16 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Chris Nolan17 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?mos16 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Martijn Tonies16 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Matthew Stanfield17 Dec
    • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Ed Leafe17 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Director General: NEFACOMP7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Martijn Tonies7 Jan
RE: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Joshua Thomas15 Dec
Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?mos17 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Martijn Tonies17 Dec
Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?mos18 Dec
  • Re: MySQL or MaxDB or PostgreSQL or Interbase/Firebird or ?Martijn Tonies18 Dec