List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:December 16 2003 8:05am
Subject:Re: Getting Records where date is LESS THAN today, AND...
View as plain text
Hi Richard,

> Okay, that sounds good and all, but how does that help me, since the date
is
> chosen
> from the javascript "calander" in this format: mm/dd/yyyy
>
> So then, when I'm selecting a date of at least todays value, or less in
the
> database
> how would I do it, since it's in mm/dd/yyyy?

I don't know if you're in the position to change it, but if I
were you, I'd change whatever goes into the database into
a real DATE value as it's much easier to handle.

If it comes in 3 values from the Javascript, combine them into
a date.

> > >Is there a BETTER way to do this?
> >
> > Yes, store a DATE instead of seperate day/month/year values.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
Getting Records where date is LESS THAN today, AND...Richard15 Dec
  • Re: Getting Records where date is LESS THAN today, AND...Richard15 Dec
  • Re: Getting Records where date is LESS THAN today, AND...Martijn Tonies15 Dec
  • Re: Getting Records where date is LESS THAN today, AND...Richard16 Dec
  • Re: Getting Records where date is LESS THAN today, AND...Martijn Tonies16 Dec