List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Nolan Date:December 15 2003 11:58pm
Subject:Re: Performance Question
View as plain text
You may have to increase the size of the table cache, and you will most
probably need to do something about
ensuring that the mysqld process can open about 1 billion files at the
same time. There was a discussion along these
lines not so long ago focusing on having massive numbers of tables that
was encountering problems around performance
due to the above reasons.

Regards,

Chris

Jeremy Zawodny wrote:

>On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 02:31:16PM -0800, Rob Brackett wrote:
>

>>How hard would it be to modify the MySQL code, and what sort of
>>performance hits would I take, if I was to try to run a hundred thousand
>>MySQL DBs on the same server?  Obviously, some tweaks would be necessary
>>to be able to break up the directory structure of /var/lib/mysql, and I
>>may be souding uninformed, but would there be much to do beyond that?
>>

>Or you could use a filesystem that's smarter about large directories.

Thread
Performance QuestionRob Brackett15 Dec
  • Re: Performance QuestionJeremy Zawodny15 Dec
    • Re: Performance QuestionDan Nelson16 Dec
    • Re: Performance QuestionChris Nolan16 Dec