List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremy Zawodny Date:December 15 2003 11:17pm
Subject:Re: Innodb in production
View as plain text
On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 10:13:44AM -0500, Nicolas Ross wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Our db server has about 140+ db's for a total of about 1.5 gigs of data.
>
> Some while ago, for a specific DB, I did testing using transaction tables
> with bdb. This was a bad experience. I ran into some problems and I had to
> convert back to myisam.
>
> One thing I don't like about innobd and bdb is that all the data of all db's
> are all stored in one (or many) file in the base directory compared to
> myisam tables where data resides in the db directory.

FYI, that restriction is gone in MySQL 4.1.x.

Jeremy
<Jeremy@stripped>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/
Thread
Innodb in productionNicolas Ross15 Dec
  • Re: Innodb in productionChris Nolan15 Dec
  • Re: Innodb in productionEduardo D Piovesam15 Dec
  • Re: Innodb in productionJeremy Zawodny16 Dec
Re: Innodb in productionEduardo D Piovesam15 Dec