List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremy Zawodny Date:December 15 2003 10:38pm
Subject:Re: Performance Question
View as plain text
On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 02:31:16PM -0800, Rob Brackett wrote:
> How hard would it be to modify the MySQL code, and what sort of
> performance hits would I take, if I was to try to run a hundred thousand
> MySQL DBs on the same server?  Obviously, some tweaks would be necessary
> to be able to break up the directory structure of /var/lib/mysql, and I
> may be souding uninformed, but would there be much to do beyond that?

Or you could use a filesystem that's smarter about large directories.
<Jeremy@stripped>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.15-Yahoo-SMP: up 92 days, processed 3,790,567,928 queries (472/sec. avg)
Thread
Performance QuestionRob Brackett15 Dec
  • Re: Performance QuestionJeremy Zawodny15 Dec
    • Re: Performance QuestionDan Nelson16 Dec
    • Re: Performance QuestionChris Nolan16 Dec