List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Micheal Mc Evoy Date:April 9 1999 1:54am
Subject:Re: Access front-end for MySQL DB on network
View as plain text
On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Jeffrey Mercer wrote:

>Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 20:33:45 -0400
>From: Jeffrey Mercer <jmercer@stripped>
>To: mysql@stripped
>Subject: Access front-end for MySQL DB on network
>
>How do I use Access as a front-end for a MySQL database running over a
>tcp/ip network? Has this been done before? Is it done routinely? Where
>can I get more info on this?
>

>--
>Best Regards,
>
>Jeff @ Industrial House
>
>http://www.industrialhouse.com
>jmercer@stripped

It is done a lot.

1. Read the manual, please.
2. Try odbc connections via MS Access.

Micheal>

---
Micheal Mc Evoy                                    mjmc@stripped
                                             http://www.whitepine.com

WhitePine Consulting supports the Free Software Foundation and it ideals
by promoting, using and supporting Open Source, GNU and GPL'd Software.

Thread
Access front-end for MySQL DB on networkJeffrey Mercer9 Apr
  • Re: Access front-end for MySQL DB on networkMicheal Mc Evoy9 Apr
    • install probs w/ myODBC and win98Jeffrey Mercer9 Apr
  • Re: Access front-end for MySQL DB on networkMichiel Kreutzer12 Apr