List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stephen Brownlow Date:December 12 2003 5:37am
Subject:Re: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?
View as plain text
Hello Stephane,

I use myisam for reading.

I now use SQL for updating. When I used myisam for updating, tables
sometimes corrupted, and I was unable to work out why.

Currently I am changing programs to use HANDLER syntax not myisam for
reading. This will:
- Save the need for table locking.
- Allow the use of InnoDB etc.
- Allow mysqld to have full control.

I recommend you just use SQL for everything.

Regards,
Stephen