List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Blanchard Date:December 11 2003 1:49pm
Subject:RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?
View as plain text
[snip]
Thank you, but I already know the basics of SQL SELECT statements.

What I am trying to say is, if a User writes a SELECT clause, I do not want
him to
see the RowID field. I do not want him to write a long SELECT statement,
especially if my
table has 20 FIELDS or more. (Can you imagine the user writing these queries
all the time).

I want him to be able to write SELECT * FROM ATABLE.
[/snip]

Well, that pretty much misses the point then, doesn't it? Are your records not unique?
There is no way that you can write an update statement that would perform the operation
on the proper record? Can you show us a bit of the table? With more information we can
help.
Thread
How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Stéphane Bischoff11 Dec
  • Re: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Martijn Tonies11 Dec
  • Re: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Stephen Brownlow12 Dec
RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Stéphane Bischoff11 Dec
  • Re: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Martijn Tonies11 Dec
RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Jay Blanchard11 Dec
RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Stéphane Bischoff11 Dec
RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Jay Blanchard11 Dec
RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Dan Greene11 Dec
RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Stéphane Bischoff11 Dec
  • Re: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Martijn Tonies11 Dec
  • RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Matt Griffin11 Dec