List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:December 11 2003 1:44pm
Subject:Re: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?
View as plain text
Hi,

> I am not shure if I need to.
>
> Here's why I am asking:
>
> I have a table that does not have a primary key and I need to update only
> one row.
> This complicates my Update Query since I cannot specify a Where clause.

Well, as you have figured out, without some kind of unique ID, it's
pretty much impossible to update a row.

> I did had a primary key RowID (AUTO INCREMENT) to be sble to specify a row
> in my query.
> But this Field (RowID) can now be seen when I do a SELECT query. I did not
> find a
> way to hide this field.
>
> So my first question should be : Is there a way to hide a field ??

Well, that depends on how you are displaying the data, doesn't it :-)

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Stéphane Bischoff11 Dec
  • Re: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Martijn Tonies11 Dec
  • Re: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Stephen Brownlow12 Dec
RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Stéphane Bischoff11 Dec
  • Re: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Martijn Tonies11 Dec
RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Jay Blanchard11 Dec
RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Stéphane Bischoff11 Dec
RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Jay Blanchard11 Dec
RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Dan Greene11 Dec
RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Stéphane Bischoff11 Dec
  • Re: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Martijn Tonies11 Dec
  • RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Matt Griffin11 Dec