List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:December 11 2003 1:21pm
Subject:Re: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?
View as plain text
Hi,

> I would like to know how to write directly to MyISAM files, without
passing
> by SELECT or UPDATE queries.
>
> I believe this info can be found in the files myisam.h and myisammrg.h,
but
> I am not shure if its safe and
> how to do it.

I guess it will only be safe if you're sure you've got all bugs out, like
in the MySQL engine.

So the question would be: WHY?

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Stéphane Bischoff11 Dec
  • Re: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Martijn Tonies11 Dec
  • Re: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Stephen Brownlow12 Dec
RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Stéphane Bischoff11 Dec
  • Re: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Martijn Tonies11 Dec
RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Jay Blanchard11 Dec
RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Stéphane Bischoff11 Dec
RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Jay Blanchard11 Dec
RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Dan Greene11 Dec
RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Stéphane Bischoff11 Dec
  • Re: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Martijn Tonies11 Dec
  • RE: How to READ/WRITE directly on MyISAM data files ?Matt Griffin11 Dec