List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:December 10 2003 10:14am
Subject:Re: MySQL -- Sequences -- Do they exist
View as plain text
Hi Noel,

> I am looking to create a sequence to use as a primary key for a table, I
> have read about them on the mysql website but can?t seem to get them
working.
>  Do they exist for version 4.1 and if so could someone give me some sample
> code.  If not is there anyway to automatically generate primary keys for
> tables in MySQL.

Well, not "Sequence" objects like with Oracle or InterBase.

You can create an auto-increment column, that increases with each new
row.

Check http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/CREATE_TABLE.html

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - developer tool for MySQL, InterBase, Firebird & MS SQL
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
MySQL -- Sequences -- Do they existnoel.king210 Dec
  • Re: MySQL -- Sequences -- Do they existMartijn Tonies10 Dec
  • Re: MySQL -- Sequences -- Do they existVictoria Reznichenko10 Dec
  • Re: MySQL -- Sequences -- Do they existAndrey Subbotin10 Dec