List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:December 9 2003 9:32am
Subject:Re: Re[2]: key is not used
View as plain text
Hi Corin,

As I said - I don't have the slightest idea about the MySQL optimizer,
but I'm trying to learn.

> thanks for your fast reply. even when i use
> EXPLAIN SELECT * FROM `actions` ORDER BY datum LIMIT 10
> the key isn't used. the query takes about 2s :-(

What if you do:

SELECT ... WHERE DATUM < some-value

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
key is not usedCorin Langosch9 Dec
  • Re: key is not usedMartijn Tonies9 Dec
    • Re[2]: key is not usedCorin Langosch9 Dec
      • Re: key is not usedChuck Gadd9 Dec
  • update: key is not usedCorin Langosch9 Dec
    • Re: update: key is not usedEgor Egorov9 Dec
  • Re: Re[2]: key is not usedMartijn Tonies9 Dec