List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Cersosimo Date:December 9 2003 6:31am
Subject:RE: In need of a dummy select statement ...
View as plain text
You need not select a table in MySQL as you do in Oracle.

Select 2 + 2;
Is valid in MySQL and should return 4.  It at least lets you know if
MySQL is functional.  By mysqladmin ping will do that too.

Steve Cersosimo
cersos@stripped
Bellsouth Internet Services
"When all is said and done, more is said than done"