List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Srinivas B.S.S Date:December 9 2003 6:21am
Subject:Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...
View as plain text
Thanks for the reply. It just have to be no-op and it need not
necessarily be
a select statement. Any one of the options given by you will work for me if
they are executable from a program written using MyODBC.

Thanks,
Srinivas.

Don Read wrote:

>On 08-Dec-2003 Srinivas B.S.S wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I am a newbie to mysql db. I need a select statement which will just
>>execute and doesn't
>>return any results. Also, it should not depend on any table which is
>>specific to a database.
>>For example, Oracle has a table named 'tab' which will be present in all
>>databases so my
>>dummy select statement looks like 'select tname from tab where 0=1'.
>>Could this
>>functionality be achieved in mysql ? Is there any table in mysql which
>>is similar to Oracle's
>>'tab' ?
>>

>Does it have to be a SELECT? Or just a NO-OP?
>
>SET @nothing=0;
>
> -or-
>
>DO 0;
>
> - or -
>
>SHOW TABLES LIKE 'asdfzxcv1234';
>

>Regards,

Thread
In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S8 Dec
  • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Martijn Tonies8 Dec
    • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S8 Dec
  • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Don Read8 Dec
    • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S9 Dec
RE: In need of a dummy select statement ...Steve Cersosimo9 Dec
  • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S9 Dec