List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Don Read Date:December 8 2003 10:03pm
Subject:Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...
View as plain text
On 08-Dec-2003 Srinivas B.S.S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie to mysql db. I need a select statement which will just
> execute and doesn't
> return any results. Also, it should not depend on any table which is
> specific to a database.
> For example, Oracle has a table named 'tab' which will be present in all
> databases so my
> dummy select statement looks like 'select tname from tab where 0=1'.
> Could this
> functionality be achieved in mysql ? Is there any table in mysql which
> is similar to Oracle's
> 'tab' ?

Does it have to be a SELECT? Or just a NO-OP?

SET @nothing=0;

 -or-

DO 0;

 - or -

SHOW TABLES LIKE 'asdfzxcv1234';

Don Read                                     dread@stripped
-- It's always darkest before the dawn. So if you are going to
   steal the neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.
                            (53kr33t w0rdz: sql table query)

Thread
In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S8 Dec
  • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Martijn Tonies8 Dec
    • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S8 Dec
  • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Don Read8 Dec
    • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S9 Dec
RE: In need of a dummy select statement ...Steve Cersosimo9 Dec
  • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S9 Dec