List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Srinivas B.S.S Date:December 8 2003 10:20am
Subject:Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...
View as plain text
Thanks for the reply.

As you said, we can always create one if it doesn't exist.

How about using show command ?  Can we execute 'show tables' command from
a program using MyODBC ? If yes, can we give a pattern to 'like' which
doesn't
match anything.  i.e. show tables like 'something which will not match
anything'. Is
this possible ?

Thanks,
Srinivas.

Martijn Tonies wrote:

>Hi,
>

>>I am a newbie to mysql db. I need a select statement which will just
>>execute and doesn't
>>return any results. Also, it should not depend on any table which is
>>specific to a database.
>>For example, Oracle has a table named 'tab' which will be present in all
>>databases so my
>>dummy select statement looks like 'select tname from tab where 0=1'.
>>Could this
>>functionality be achieved in mysql ? Is there any table in mysql which
>>is similar to Oracle's
>>'tab' ?
>>

>Not by default, but hey: you can always create one.
>
>With regards,
>
>Martijn Tonies
>Database Workbench - developer tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL & MS SQL
>Server.
>Upscene Productions
>http://www.upscene.com

Thread
In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S8 Dec
  • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Martijn Tonies8 Dec
    • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S8 Dec
  • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Don Read8 Dec
    • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S9 Dec
RE: In need of a dummy select statement ...Steve Cersosimo9 Dec
  • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S9 Dec