List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:William Fong Date:December 8 2003 7:13pm
Subject:Re: Specs for a dedicated MySQL server
View as plain text
I'm all for using what works and do not try to avoid MS (as long as it fits
the requirements).

However, I found out that MySQL does not work very well under load under
Windows 2000. It is considerably slower than a similar configured Linux
system. It may be how MySQL AB compiled the Windows binaries (I use the
official binaries for both Windows and Linux).

I do have one or two Win32 MySQL installations because we did not want to
setup a dedicated server. They are use for small things here and there.

It all depends on application! :)

-will

Real-time Chat: irc.freenode.net -> #mysql
( http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/IRC.html )