List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gabriel Ricard Date:December 8 2003 6:31pm
Subject:Re: Specs for a dedicated MySQL server
View as plain text
There's actually a MySQL Database Appliance out there. Have you looked
at that yet?

http://pogolinux.com/mysql/index.html

You could run MySQL on any number of different machines. Intel, Athlon,
PowerPC, etc. Linux, FreeBSD, Windows, Mac OS X.

- Gabriel

On Dec 7, 2003, at 4:41 PM, Defryn, Guy wrote:

> Hi there,
>

> I have been asked to investigate a solution to offer MySQL to our
> staff.
> I am not sure how many people will make use of it at this stage.
> Most people would most likely use it as a backend for message boards
>
> And to store information on whatever they are doing. I am sure it will
> be for web purposes only.
>
> I cannot see the need for transactions etc.
>

> My employer usually goes for HP DL380 G3 servers. Any tips on
> redundancy, backup etc?
>
> Also, Is there anyone who uses Windows on a Mysql production server? I
> want to use FreeBSD or Linux but that might not be up to me.
>
> What License do I need? Basically we are an ISP for our departments
>

> Cheers
>

> GUY

Thread
Specs for a dedicated MySQL serverGuy Defryn7 Dec
  • Re: Specs for a dedicated MySQL serverMartijn Tonies8 Dec
  • Re: Specs for a dedicated MySQL serverGabriel Ricard8 Dec
  • Re: Specs for a dedicated MySQL serverWilliam Fong8 Dec
RE: Specs for a dedicated MySQL serverGuy Defryn8 Dec
RE: Specs for a dedicated MySQL serverGuy Defryn8 Dec