List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:December 8 2003 10:10am
Subject:Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...
View as plain text
Hi,

> I am a newbie to mysql db. I need a select statement which will just
> execute and doesn't
> return any results. Also, it should not depend on any table which is
> specific to a database.
> For example, Oracle has a table named 'tab' which will be present in all
> databases so my
> dummy select statement looks like 'select tname from tab where 0=1'.
> Could this
> functionality be achieved in mysql ? Is there any table in mysql which
> is similar to Oracle's
> 'tab' ?

Not by default, but hey: you can always create one.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S8 Dec
  • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Martijn Tonies8 Dec
    • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S8 Dec
  • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Don Read8 Dec
    • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S9 Dec
RE: In need of a dummy select statement ...Steve Cersosimo9 Dec
  • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S9 Dec