List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Srinivas B.S.S Date:December 8 2003 7:08am
Subject:In need of a dummy select statement ...
View as plain text
Hi,

I am a newbie to mysql db. I need a select statement which will just
execute and doesn't
return any results. Also, it should not depend on any table which is
specific to a database.
For example, Oracle has a table named 'tab' which will be present in all
databases so my
dummy select statement looks like 'select tname from tab where 0=1'.
Could this
functionality be achieved in mysql ? Is there any table in mysql which
is similar to Oracle's
'tab' ?

Thanks,
Srinivas.

Thread
In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S8 Dec
  • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Martijn Tonies8 Dec
    • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S8 Dec
  • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Don Read8 Dec
    • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S9 Dec
RE: In need of a dummy select statement ...Steve Cersosimo9 Dec
  • Re: In need of a dummy select statement ...Srinivas B.S.S9 Dec