List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:beacker Date:December 5 2003 5:27am
Subject:Re: Large data set load and access
View as plain text
>So, if you were willing to give up a little storage space,
>make the gbl_locus field a Char(20) instead of a varchar(20)
>and see if it speeds things up.  I found noticable speed
>increase in my selects doing this.

     Thanks for the heads up on this.  Unfortunately the only
varchar is the gbl_locus field, so I'm not sure how much this
would by me for the space.
               Thanks again,
                       Brad Eacker (beacker@stripped)

Thread
Large data set load and accessbeacker4 Dec
  • Re: Large data set load and accessChuck Gadd5 Dec
Re: Large data set load and accessbeacker5 Dec
  • Re: Large data set load and accessChuck Gadd5 Dec