List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:October 8 1999 3:35am
Subject:Re: Can I rely on date_add to land on a valid date.
View as plain text
At 10:12, 19991008, John Hennessy wrote:
>1) The "Start" date is the 29th, 30th or 31st.
>2) I  DATE_ADD 1 month and the date truncates back to the allowable date.
>   (Great!).
>3) The next month I want the "Due" date to return to the original "Start"
>    day (where possible) but in the new "Due" month.

OK.  You can assume, then that the very first start date is the
ideal target, right?  You might be able to do something with
DAYOFMONTH(MIN(start_date)), I don't know.  My mind isn't making
it work right now.

Tim
Thread
Can I rely on date_add to land on a valid date.John Hennessy7 Oct
  • Re: Can I rely on date_add to land on a valid date.Thimble Smith7 Oct
  • Re: Can I rely on date_add to land on a valid date.John Hennessy8 Oct
    • Re: Can I rely on date_add to land on a valid date.Thimble Smith8 Oct
    • Re: Can I rely on date_add to land on a valid date.Martin Ramsch8 Oct
      • Question about Random OrderFraser MacKenzie8 Oct
        • Re: Question about Random OrderMartin Ramsch8 Oct