List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christophe DIARRA Date:December 4 2003 5:17pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 4.1 : curious privilege problems (grant, use, show databases)
View as plain text
Hi.

Upgrading to 4.1.1 from 4.1.0 seems to solve my problem. There is no more
(at the moment) curious privileges problems. Everything seem OK.

Thanks to MySQL.

N.B.: Please se the history of the problem bellow.

Christophe.

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Sergei Golubchik wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Nov 25, Christophe DIARRA wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > MySQL 4.1.0 is not respecting the registered privileges.
> > "show databases" displays an incorrect list of databases. Each user lists a
> > database it should not, and doesn't show all the databases it should.
> > Same thing with 'use <database>' : the access is denied for some
> databases
> > for which the user s granted 'all privileges'.
>
> Sorry, I don't have any idea so far :(
>
> Some things you can do:
>
> 1. upgrade to 4.1.1 (should be out very soon)
>    and try if the bug dissapears
> 2. try to create a complete repeatable test case that I can use to
>    repeat this behaviour and submit it to bugs.mysql.com.
>    Then the bug will be fixed asap.
>
> Regards,
> Sergei

Thread
MySQL 4.1 : curious privilege problems (grant, use, show databases)Christophe DIARRA25 Nov
  • Re: MySQL 4.1 : curious privilege problems (grant, use, show databases)Sergei Golubchik2 Dec
    • Re: MySQL 4.1 : curious privilege problems (grant, use, show databases)Christophe DIARRA4 Dec