List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 8 1999 2:02am
Subject:System Lock
View as plain text
>>>>> "Travis" == Travis  <travis@stripped> writes:

Travis> Hi,
Travis>  I have a little bit of a problem. I have a table that suddenly System
Travis> Locks on insert and delete queries, i run isamchk, no errors reported, i
Travis> take the .ISM, .ISD, and .frm files and try them on another box with mysql
Travis> and it the insert and delete queries work fine. I guess what I really want
Travis> to know is what causes System Locks. Any advice would be appreciated.

Travis> Thanx in advance.

Travis> Travis

Hi!

This is an indication that your 'lockd' demon doesn't work properly
(or that another process is using the table).

Fix:

If you are only running one MySQL server, start it with --skip-locking.

Regards,
Monty

Thread
System LockTravis7 Oct