List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 8 1999 2:02am
Subject:System Lock
View as plain text
>>>>> "Travis" == Travis  <travis@stripped> writes:

Travis> Hi,
Travis>  I have a little bit of a problem. I have a table that suddenly System
Travis> Locks on insert and delete queries, i run isamchk, no errors reported, i
Travis> take the .ISM, .ISD, and .frm files and try them on another box with mysql
Travis> and it the insert and delete queries work fine. I guess what I really want
Travis> to know is what causes System Locks. Any advice would be appreciated.

Travis> Thanx in advance.

Travis> Travis

This is an indication that your 'lockd' demon doesn't work properly
(or that another process is using the table).

If you are only running one MySQL server, start it with --skip-locking.

System LockTravis7 Oct
  • System LockMichael Widenius8 Oct