List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:December 3 2003 2:46pm
Subject:Re: on delete|update
View as plain text
Hi,

> Hi there. I am trying to find what these
> ON DELETE NO ACTION
>
> ON UPDATE NO ACTION
>
> would provide ib my db..... What are the options and what each of them do?

These have to do with Foreign Key Constraints. If you're using
InnoDB tables, you could let MySQL automatically drop any
child objects by using ON DELETE CASCADE.

NO ACTION will raise an exception if there are child objects
and you're trying to delete/update a parent row.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
on delete|updateAlaios3 Dec
  • Re: on delete|updateMartijn Tonies3 Dec
Re: on delete|updateHeikki Tuuri3 Dec