List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Scott Schilling Date:April 8 1999 10:29pm
Subject:New Interactive MySQL web site!!
View as plain text
Thursday April 8, 2:54 pm Pacific Time

FREE INTERACTIVE ON-LINE HELP NOW AVAILABLE FOR MySQL

SEATTLE, Washington -- April 8, 1999 -- Richard Schilling, an information
systems consultant in the Seattle metropolitan area announced today the
upcoming availability of on-line interactive help for MySQL.

Richard commented: "I'm really excited to be able to offer this type of
service to the open source community.  MySQL is an excellent product and
deserves to have the type of 24 hour support that the internet can deliver."
The online reference is currently located at Richard's web site at
http://www.ellensburg.com/~scotts and is free to all users of the internet.

The technology behind the interface was built using WebGuide(TM) web Bot
technology created by Artificial Life, Inc.  Their web site is located at
http://www.artificial-life.com.  The technology features a human like guide
who answers questions to users' input, and responds to their statements.

"Technology like this has been worked on in the labs for year now," Richard
commented.  "It is nice to see it come to maturity on the Internet."
Richard, who studied Artificial Intelligence in college, is a likely
candidate for the technology.  His web Bot, named Deanna, contains a
knowledge base that Richard developed using AI techniques.  The web Bot, or
guide, can currently tell you about general things, like what services
Richard provides.  But, in the near future, it will be endowed with a rich
knowledge of MySQL, and other subjects on database development.

When asked about future plans, Richard seemed ecstatic about Deanna, the
name he has given his silicon assistant "I hope to work closely with the
folks at Artificial Life, to further develop this product," he said.  "If
this first try is successful, I expect to have a way to update Deanna's
knowledge base daily.  That will help build the feel that she is really
learning something useful to her users."

For more information, please contact Richard Schilling at
scotts@stripped and visit his web site at
http://www.ellensburg.com/~scotts

Thread
New Interactive MySQL web site!!Richard Scott Schilling9 Apr
Re: New Interactive MySQL web site!!Fred Lindberg9 Apr