List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 7 1999 4:03pm
Subject:Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'
View as plain text
>>>>> "Faisal" == Faisal Nasim <swiftkid@stripped> writes:

Faisal> : We intend to fix this in MySQL 4.0;  The new MyISAM can already handle
Faisal> : true varchars / We only have to update the upper layers in mysqld to
Faisal> : use the new functionality.

Faisal> Before that, if you could write a simple documentation on the source
Faisal> of MySQL (or perhaps somebody can volunteer to do that) ... that would
Faisal> help alot to the people who want to work for mysql but just get a headache
Faisal> after seeing those hundreds of files!! (like me!) :)

Faisal> I reckon MySQL is currently done in C, any chances of porting whole
Faisal> code into C++? (perhaps in 4.0?)

Hi!

We don't plan to port the libraries to C++, as we try to keep these
portable and adding an object layer on these wouldn't help that much.

The MySQL server is already written in C++.

We plan to document the whole source tree, but for the moment we
haven't time to do this :(

If anybody wants to volunteer, just mail us :)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'tobiasb6 Oct
  • Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Faisal Nasim6 Oct
    • Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Tobias Brox7 Oct
      • Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Bob Kline7 Oct
        • Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Tobias Brox7 Oct
      • Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Michael Widenius7 Oct
    • Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Faisal Nasim7 Oct
      • Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Michael Widenius8 Oct
    • Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Tonu Samuel8 Oct
    • question on perl DBI _ListDBs functionJames H. Thompson8 Oct
  • Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Carsten H. Pedersen6 Oct
  • Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Jani Tolonen6 Oct
    • Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Jani Tolonen6 Oct