List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 7 1999 10:26pm
Subject:Bus Error when using ORDER BY with 0 records (Solaris 2.6)
View as plain text
>>>>> "dadams" == dadams  <dadams@stripped> writes:

dadams> Executing a query with three simple joins with no order by command executes
> perfectly, returning 0 records.  Adding an order by command for one of the fields, results
> in a bus error and core dump.  Other queries with order by work fine.

<cut>

dadams> Server version		3.22.27-log

<cut>

Hi!

The above MySQL version has been tested on Solaris with purify on our
test suite that includes a lot of ORDER BY tests.

To find the problem, we need a full test that shows this!
Any change you can post an example of this ?

Here is a test I did run on Solaris 2.7 to verify this:

mysql> create table t1 (a int not null auto_increment primary key,b int);
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.11 sec)

mysql> insert into t1 values (1,1),(2,2),(3,3),(4,4);
Query OK, 4 rows affected (0.07 sec)
Records: 0  Duplicates: 4  Warnings: 0

mysql> select * from t1 where b>5 order by a;
Empty set (0.03 sec)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Bus Error when using ORDER BY with 0 records (Solaris 2.6)dadams7 Oct
  • Bus Error when using ORDER BY with 0 records (Solaris 2.6)Michael Widenius8 Oct
    • RE: Bus Error when using ORDER BY with 0 records (Solaris 2.6)David Adams12 Oct
RE: Bus Error when using ORDER BY with 0 records (Solaris 2.6)Michael Widenius12 Oct