List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chuck Gadd Date:December 1 2003 12:00pm
Subject:Re: Mysql won't start
View as plain text
Michael Burke wrote:

> I'm using mysql on redhat 9 and wanted to enable the query log file.I
> copied one of the example my.cnf files to /etc and added an entry: --log
> to enable the log file but when I boot red hat I get a message that

If you are specifying the option on the command line, then you need
the "--"   But in the my.cnf, just add a line that says

log

or

log=/path/and/filename

if you want to specify the path and filename for the log.

Thread
Mysql won't startMichael Burke1 Dec
  • Re: Mysql won't startDan Nelson1 Dec
  • Re: Mysql won't startChuck Gadd1 Dec
    • Re: Mysql won't startMichael Burke2 Dec
      • Re: Mysql won't startChuck Gadd2 Dec