List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Priest Date:December 1 2003 5:09am
Subject:Soundex in text searches
View as plain text
I am currently looking at trying to port an existing Informix application
over to MySQL but I have fallen short on one particular feature. Under
Informix using its text datablade, I can have a pattern match on the text
search such that '+Tomas' would provide Thomas as well as Tomas. MySQL does
not seem to be able to support this feature. Am I doing something wrong?

Regards

   Chris

Thread
Soundex in text searchesChris Priest1 Dec
  • Re: Soundex in text searchesVictoria Reznichenko1 Dec