List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:miguel solorzano Date:November 29 2003 4:16pm
Subject:RE: MySQL Win32 Service
View as plain text
At 08:29 29/11/2003 -0600, Gerald R. Jensen wrote:
Hi Gerald, all

Some comments about this thread:

Installer tools handle the service application in basic general way,
I think the vendor would said non-simple service than non-standard
service. For example MySQL aborts the service start if the configuration
file was not created and edited the variables basedir/datadir if the
install location is different than the default one. Also MySQL has
3 types services: the default MySQL which the image path don't have
argument, a custom service with an extra argument for the service
name and a custom service with 2 extra arguments the --defaults-file=
option and service name.

In my opinion I don't expect that these installer tools does that
task instead I prefer the tool provide me a way for to launch an
external custom DLL or console application which contents the routines
for.

For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/
Are you MySQL certified?, http://www.mysql.com/certification/

Miguel Angel Solórzano <miguel@stripped>
São Paulo - Brazil

---

Index before or after inserts?Mirza27 Nov
  • Re: Index before or after inserts?Ed Leafe27 Nov
  • RE: Index before or after inserts?Andy Eastham27 Nov
    • RE: Index before or after inserts?mos27 Nov
  • Re: Index before or after inserts?Matt W27 Nov
  • Re: Index before or after inserts?robert_rowe28 Nov
    • MySQL Win32 ServiceGerald R. Jensen28 Nov
      • Re: MySQL Win32 ServiceStefan Hinz29 Nov
    • Re: MySQL Win32 ServiceGerald R. Jensen29 Nov
      • Re: MySQL Win32 ServiceRobert Rowe29 Nov
RE: MySQL Win32 ServiceGerald R. Jensen29 Nov
  • RE: MySQL Win32 Servicemiguel solorzano29 Nov