List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrey Kotrekhov Date:November 28 2003 11:55am
Subject:Re: Repeated 100% CPU problem in FreeBSD
View as plain text
SQL

I have the same situation.
I set skip-name-resolve in my.cnf.
But sometimes mysqld get all CPU.
I can't notice strong dependences between name resoving and mysqld stuped.

> Hello,
>
> Most of the time, MySQL 4.0.16 runs absolutely fine on my FreeBSD 4.9
> system. However, today, unexplicably, it's run into the same problem 3
> times now; a couple of the threads suddenly start eating 100% CPU for
> no good reason while doing a SELECT. They'll sit there until I kill
> them, which results in a lot of hair tearing as it comes back up
> checking all the tables.
>
> I haven't been able to produce a core despite sending it a SIGABRT,
> but I'll try recompiling with -g (do the supplied binaries have this?)
> soon.
>
> Pretty much all I can find around that might contribute relates to the
> poor threading implementation on FreeBSD and the name resolving issue.
> I should have worked around both of them; I've built with
> linuxthreads, and I have skip-name-resolve in my.cnf.
>
> Does *anyone* have any clues why this randomly happens? It had been
> fine for 30 or so days prior to this, and today it's crashed 3 times
> in this way. I've recently run a myisamchk -r *.MYI over all the
> tables in the database which comes up clean.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> --
> Chris

    Best regards.
	Andrey Kotrekhov kota@stripped
	ISP Alkar Teleport
	тел. +380 562 34-00-44
Thread
Repeated 100% CPU problem in FreeBSDChris Elsworth27 Nov
  • Re: Repeated 100% CPU problem in FreeBSDDan Nelson28 Nov
    • Re: Repeated 100% CPU problem in FreeBSDJeremy Zawodny28 Nov
  • Re: Repeated 100% CPU problem in FreeBSDAndrey Kotrekhov28 Nov