List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:November 28 2003 9:52am
Subject:Re: off into the weeds
View as plain text
Hi Dean,

> ====
> I have populated the database, which has 6319 records in the list_rank
table
> and 2472 records in the entry table. Everything looks fine, and I can
easily
> do the simple queries such as:
> mysql> select * from list_rank;
>
> However, when I run the following simple join, mysqld seems like its
playing

Join? I don't see a JOIN in that particular query. So you're asking MySQL
to match every row in table LIST_RANK to every row in ENTRY... Quite
some rows (15620568)

> chess against a chess master. It went on for minutes until I aborted it.
It
> seems like it should have returned almost immediately. Can anyone point
out
> the error of my ways?
>
> mysql> select list_rank.category_id,entry.id,entry.title from
list_rank,entry
> order by entry.title;

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
off into the weedsDean A. Hoover28 Nov
  • RE: off into the weedsBob Loeffler28 Nov
  • Re: off into the weedsMartijn Tonies28 Nov