List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Elsworth Date:November 27 2003 6:21pm
Subject:Repeated 100% CPU problem in FreeBSD
View as plain text
Hello,

Most of the time, MySQL 4.0.16 runs absolutely fine on my FreeBSD 4.9
system. However, today, unexplicably, it's run into the same problem 3
times now; a couple of the threads suddenly start eating 100% CPU for
no good reason while doing a SELECT. They'll sit there until I kill
them, which results in a lot of hair tearing as it comes back up
checking all the tables.

I haven't been able to produce a core despite sending it a SIGABRT,
but I'll try recompiling with -g (do the supplied binaries have this?)
soon.

Pretty much all I can find around that might contribute relates to the
poor threading implementation on FreeBSD and the name resolving issue.
I should have worked around both of them; I've built with
linuxthreads, and I have skip-name-resolve in my.cnf.

Does *anyone* have any clues why this randomly happens? It had been
fine for 30 or so days prior to this, and today it's crashed 3 times
in this way. I've recently run a myisamchk -r *.MYI over all the
tables in the database which comes up clean.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Chris
Thread