List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff Gillin Date:November 26 2003 10:39pm
Subject:can't deflate MySQL4.0 tar.gz file
View as plain text
Hi,

  I'm trying to get the MySQL-4.0 for linux
(mysql-standard-4.0.16-pc-linux-i686.tar.gz), from the mirror
mysql.secsup.org but it has a problem when attempting to uncompress the file
(get "unexpected EOF in archive"). I'm getting this by using the ftp utility
on a Linux server. It clearly states that it's transferring in binary mode.
I've downloaded the 3.23.58 from the same site and it extracts fine. I would
like to use the 4.0 though. Does anyone have any idea why this one has
problems. I've heard that if it is compressed on a different machine (such
as Solaris) that the gzip is slightly different or something and it causes
problems. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jeff

Thread
can't deflate MySQL4.0 tar.gz fileJeff Gillin27 Nov