List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stefaan Van Dooren Date:November 26 2003 9:56am
Subject:RE: "--with-debug" option

Fax   : +32 3 2359792       /'\_   _/`\
Email : stefaan@stripped   \___)=(___/

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyd Gerber [mailto:gerberb@stripped]
Sent: dinsdag 25 november 2003 5:45
To: Stefaan Van Dooren
Cc: mysql@stripped

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Stefaan Van Dooren wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what this option does, besides adding debug
> information ? When I add this option, I get a working mysqld server.
> When I remove it and recompile, my server won't work anymore ....

It does a lot of things.  With MySQL-4.0.16 is also aids in debug
information for some malloc's issues for eample.  This also gets around a OS
bug that depends on your patches to the OS.  Please provide a uname -X that
would be helpful.

Good Luck,

Boyd Gerber
gerberb@stripped

Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Daevid Vincent25 Nov
  • RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Tom Horstmann25 Nov
    • RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Daevid Vincent25 Nov
      • RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Tom Horstmann25 Nov
        • RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?TheMechE25 Nov
  • "--with-debug" optionStefaan Van Dooren25 Nov
    • Re: "--with-debug" optionBoyd Gerber25 Nov
      • RE: "--with-debug" optionStefaan Van Dooren26 Nov
RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Dan Greene25 Nov