List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Faisal Nasim Date:October 7 1999 2:29pm
Subject:Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'
View as plain text
: We intend to fix this in MySQL 4.0;  The new MyISAM can already handle
: true varchars / We only have to update the upper layers in mysqld to
: use the new functionality.

Before that, if you could write a simple documentation on the source
of MySQL (or perhaps somebody can volunteer to do that) ... that would
help alot to the people who want to work for mysql but just get a headache
after seeing those hundreds of files!! (like me!) :)

I reckon MySQL is currently done in C, any chances of porting whole
code into C++? (perhaps in 4.0?)

Thread
Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'tobiasb6 Oct
  • Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Faisal Nasim6 Oct
    • Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Tobias Brox7 Oct
      • Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Bob Kline7 Oct
        • Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Tobias Brox7 Oct
      • Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Michael Widenius7 Oct
    • Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Faisal Nasim7 Oct
      • Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Michael Widenius8 Oct
    • Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Tonu Samuel8 Oct
    • question on perl DBI _ListDBs functionJames H. Thompson8 Oct
  • Re: Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Carsten H. Pedersen6 Oct
  • Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Jani Tolonen6 Oct
    • Trailing blanks get chopped away from 'strings'Jani Tolonen6 Oct