List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 7 1999 2:18pm
Subject:The infamous unresolved symbols compiler
View as plain text
>>>>> "daniel" == daniel abunu <daniel.abunu@stripped>
> writes:

daniel> Dear All,
daniel> I trying to compile a small client using the Mysql API version 3.22.26a
daniel> on SCO OpenServer 5.04. The problem I've got is that the damn thing will
daniel> not compile. I feel like I've read the manual from back to front and read
daniel> all the relating topics in the mailing list. I added the  -lgcc compiler
daniel> switch, which doesn't seem to work either.
daniel> Please please please if anyone can help me I would appreciate it very
daniel> much.

daniel> I' m compiling with the following option using the SCO cc compiler.

daniel> cc -o scoreData scoreData.c -b elf -g -I/usr/local/mysql/include -lsocket
daniel> -lc -lgcc -lmysqlclient -lnsl -lm

daniel> Undefined                       first referenced
daniel> symbol                             in file
daniel> __udivdi3                           /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so
daniel> scoreData: fatal error: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
daniel> scoreData

Fixes:

One of the following:

- Use gcc instead of cc

- Add -lgcc AFTER -lmysqlclient

- Recompile the client library with cc

Regards,
Monty

Thread
The infamous unresolved symbols compilerdaniel.abunu7 Oct
  • Re: The infamous unresolved symbols compilerJames Bishop7 Oct
  • Re: The infamous unresolved symbols compilersinisa7 Oct
  • The infamous unresolved symbols compilerMichael Widenius7 Oct