List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mikael Fridh Date:November 25 2003 9:50am
Subject:mysql slave trailing behind
View as plain text
One of My MySQL slaves is trailing behind its master.

| 42 | system user |           | NULL | Connect | 8193 | Has read all relay
log; waiting for the I/O slave thread to update it | NULL             |

8193 seconds behind.

Why might the slave be trailing?

I just did a
slave stop;
slave start;
and the slave is catching up really fast again!

We have 4 slaves reading from that master.
Is it a problem on the master or on the slave?
(too many slaves reading from it?)

(while writing this the slave has caught up to 1200 seconds behind.)

Mike
Thread
mysql slave trailing behindMikael Fridh25 Nov