List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:November 25 2003 8:57am
Subject:RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?
View as plain text
 I disagree, you can restrict access to SELECT only and plus any normal form
on a web page has access to a DB in much more insecure ways (SQL injection,
etc.), and as I said, it must be a 'real-time' progress meter without
refreshing the .php/.html page.

Javascript is not able to query the DB.

A Java applet is my alternative choice, but java is kind of pokey,
especially to load, and not so good with the graphics side of things.

Daevid Vincent
http://daevid.com

Thread
Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Daevid Vincent25 Nov
  • RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Tom Horstmann25 Nov
    • RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Daevid Vincent25 Nov
      • RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Tom Horstmann25 Nov
        • RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?TheMechE25 Nov
  • "--with-debug" optionStefaan Van Dooren25 Nov
    • Re: "--with-debug" optionBoyd Gerber25 Nov
      • RE: "--with-debug" optionStefaan Van Dooren26 Nov
RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Dan Greene25 Nov