List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tom Horstmann Date:November 25 2003 7:33am
Subject:RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?
View as plain text
> I've scoured the web and can't seem to find any examples, and
> can't find
> anything that shows flash actually making the connection to
> mysql on its
> own. They all seem to rely upon PHP or something passing the value.
> Refreshing the page is not acceptable.

Flash is executed in the client. Even if possible to connect to a db,
it would be a bad idea to let a client connect there.
As long as your visitors have the plugin i would call Flash+server-side-
script the best solution for that. Another one was JavaScript or Java
connecting to a script.

Regards,

TomH

--
PROSOFT EDV-Lösungen GmbH & Co. KG     phone: +49 941 / 78 88 7 - 121
Ladehofstraße 28, D-93049 Regensburg  cellphone: +49 174 / 41 94 97 0

Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Daevid Vincent25 Nov
  • RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Tom Horstmann25 Nov
    • RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Daevid Vincent25 Nov
      • RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Tom Horstmann25 Nov
        • RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?TheMechE25 Nov
  • "--with-debug" optionStefaan Van Dooren25 Nov
    • Re: "--with-debug" optionBoyd Gerber25 Nov
      • RE: "--with-debug" optionStefaan Van Dooren26 Nov
RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Dan Greene25 Nov