List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:November 25 2003 7:21am
Subject:Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?
View as plain text
Have a need to do several queries, probably about 1 per second or so, and
the result of these queries will give me a # completed and a number total =
percentage done. I have an external program populating a db table and I want
to show progress on a web page till the program is done populating.

Does anyone know of a way to display this on a web page? I'm thinking flash
may be the tool, but I'm not intimate enough with flash to know if it can
poll the mySQL db or not.

I've scoured the web and can't seem to find any examples, and can't find
anything that shows flash actually making the connection to mysql on its
own. They all seem to rely upon PHP or something passing the value.
Refreshing the page is not acceptable.

Thread
Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Daevid Vincent25 Nov
  • RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Tom Horstmann25 Nov
    • RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Daevid Vincent25 Nov
      • RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Tom Horstmann25 Nov
        • RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?TheMechE25 Nov
  • "--with-debug" optionStefaan Van Dooren25 Nov
    • Re: "--with-debug" optionBoyd Gerber25 Nov
      • RE: "--with-debug" optionStefaan Van Dooren26 Nov
RE: Searching for a realtime progress bar that uses mySQL and Flash?Dan Greene25 Nov