List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kevin Carlson Date:November 24 2003 5:18pm
Subject:Help recovering db
View as plain text
Using a backup I recreated the /var/lib/mysql directory and when I
restart mysqld I am getting the following error:

InnoDB: Error: log file /var/lib/mysql/ib_logfile0 is of a different
size 0 5238827 byes
InnoDB: than specified in the .cnf file 0 5242880

Of course, the database never starts because of this.  Oddly, if I move
the backup to another machine that is running the same version of MySQL
(same OS and version), the database starts correctly.

I have tried running mysqld with and without a my.cnf file present and
have changed some of the values regarding the logfile size but have not
been able to successfully start the database.  Is anyone aware of any
workaround for this?

Thanks,

Kevin

Thread
Help recovering dbKevin Carlson24 Nov
  • Re: Help recovering dbJanusz Krzysztofik24 Nov