List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 7 1999 1:09pm
Subject:Help!
View as plain text
>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Jung <pjung@stripped> writes:

Peter> Hi there!
Peter> I'm sure you get a lot of these. . .

Peter> I'm trying to upload a table from Microsoft Access 2000 to MySQL using TDX
Peter> mysql Driver connect, my user name is craven2, so is the name of the
Peter> database ---I have the fields as follows:

Peter> Windows DSN name: craven2
Peter> MySQL host:  199.227.124.195
Peter> MySQL database name:  craven2
Peter> User:  craven2
Peter> Password:  xxxxxxxx
Peter> Port: (leaving blank)
Peter> SQL command on connect: craven2

Peter> None of the options are checked.

Peter> . . . and I'm receiving the following error:
Peter> [TCX][MyODBC]You have an error in your SQL syntax near [craven2' at line 1
Peter> (#1064)

Peter> Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Yes;  Remove he 'craven2' from: 'SQL command on connect'

Peter> I'll be more than happy to send you $$$ for your help or promote you on my
Peter> site---you're doing everyone a great service by providing your
Peter> expertise---you deserve to be recognized.

Thanks!

Peter> I appreciate it,
Peter> Thx

Regards,