List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:November 24 2003 4:00pm
Subject:Re: Inefficient use of index (was: Big difference in MyISAM and InnoDB SELECT speed)
View as plain text
Hi,

> You are not using any indicies, because there aren't any that could be
> used in this query.
> Try adding an index on (status,deleted)

I wonder: how many possible different values would such an index
return? If this is a (very) low value, won't the index make things
slower (if it's being used) compared to a full table scan?

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
Big difference in MyISAM and InnoDB SELECT speedJanusz Krzysztofik24 Nov
RE: Big difference in MyISAM and InnoDB SELECT speedMechain Marc24 Nov
  • Inefficient use of index (was: Big difference in MyISAM and InnoDB SELECT speed)Janusz Krzysztofik24 Nov
  • Re: Inefficient use of index (was: Big difference in MyISAM and InnoDB SELECT speed)gerald_clark24 Nov
  • Re: Inefficient use of index (was: Big difference in MyISAM and InnoDB SELECT speed)Martijn Tonies24 Nov
  • Re: Inefficient use of index (was: Big difference in MyISAM and InnoDB SELECT speed)Janusz Krzysztofik24 Nov
  • Re: Inefficient use of index (was: Big difference in MyISAM and InnoDB SELECT speed)Martijn Tonies24 Nov
  • Re: Inefficient use of index (was: Big difference in MyISAM and InnoDB SELECT speed)Janusz Krzysztofik27 Nov
RE: Inefficient use of index (was: Big difference in MyISAM and InnoDB SELECT speed)Mechain Marc24 Nov