List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:gerald_clark Date:November 20 2003 3:16pm
Subject:Re: load data in file
View as plain text
LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE
But it must be enabled on both the server and client.
See the docs.

Hans Kind wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a 2 server setup. 1 server runs the web server with a PHP
> application, the second server is the mysql database server.
>
> The php application needs to connect to the mysql server, to import
> data from a text file. For this we use Load Data Infile.
>
> While everything else in the application works with regard to
> connecting to tge mysql database, when we try to import data we are
> getting the following error:
>
> Can't get stat of '/upload/wachtbak_cu.txt' (Errcode: 2)
>
> We have checked, and the file is indeed uploaded to the /upload
> directory on the web server. However, after the connection is
> established with mysql database, mysql tries to find the file on the
> mysql server.
>
> Question is this. Is it possible to import a file into mysql, using
> Load Data Infile, when you have 1 web server that runs the php
> apllication that imports the data, and 1 mysql database server?
>
> If that's not possible, is there a way to achieve this?
>
> rgds
>
> Hans Kind

Thread
load data in fileHans Kind20 Nov
  • Re: load data in filegerald_clark20 Nov
  • RE: load data in fileLarry Brown20 Dec
    • RE: load data in fileads mysql21 Dec
      • Re: load data in fileDan Nelson21 Dec
RE: load data in fileVictor Pendleton20 Nov